The hotel Hacienda de Abajo by vikhotels is situated on the island of La Palma, province of Santa Cruz de Tenerife in the Canary Islands. It is located on the west of the island, in the historic centre of Villa y Puerto de Tazacorte, the municipality with the most hours of sunshine a year.
With wonderful sea views (Atlantic Ocean) and overlooking exotic banana plantations the hotel consists of several buildings, among them the Main house of Tazacorte (Casa Principal de Tazacorte), a two-story house featuring Arabic tiles and open balconies. Surrounded by an inner garden, two buildings of new construction, a small oratory recreating the characteristic chapel of the ancient estate and a Bath House ( Spa), scrupulously respect the original outline of the ancient sugar plantation and architectural typology of the area.
The hotel is the result of the careful renovation of a XVII century sugar estate. Surrounded by lush gardens with exotic plants and botanical rarities, the hotel features a collection of artwork that represents the largest contribution to La Palma artistic heritage since the seventeenth century.
The hotel, opened in September 2012, has been classified as the first “Emblematic Hotel” in the Canaries, a category assigned by the Canarian Government only to those hotels whose construction constitutes an integral part of the Historic Heritage of the Canary Islands.
The hotel is an Adults-only-Resort (minimum age 18 years) for those who are seeking a quiet and relaxing getaway in an exclusive ambiance.
The Hotel Hacienda de Abajo by vikhotels invites travelers to the island of La Palma to feel the warm welcome of a village and a family, which are the result of the union of different nations and cultures.
"Hot Hoteles 2013" CondéNast Traveler
- Total rooms: 32
- Total beds: 64
- Nº buildings: 4
- Elevators: 1
- Nº floors:1 & 2
- Year of construction: 2011/2012
- Meeting facilities: Surrounded by a large terrace, “La Capilla”,equipped with audiovisual resources, PA and video conferencing offers everything you need to celebrate any type of event. Max. 40 people.
- The library: it is also used as a meeting room for maximum 15 people.
Facilities and Services:
- Check-in: 15:00 to 00:00
- Check-out: 12:00
- 24h reception
- Multilingual and qualified staff
- Private car park with plugs for electric cars *
- Currency Exchange
- Night-time security
- Free WIFI in the public areas and cabled in rooms
- Fax, and copying machine
- Car hire (external provider)*
- Laundry and ironing service *
- Room service *
- Transfer from/ to airport *
- Pets not allowed
- Master/ Euro Card
- American Express